[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - New Nintendo 3DS Mini-Review

New Nintendo 3DS Mini-Review

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

New Nintendo 3DS Mini-Review

Postby Omenix » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 am

I got the new nintendo 3ds XL, which I will call n3ds throughout the review, on Saturday. I have noticed a few things that most reviews missed, and will cover them here. Also I intend to do a review by an average person, for an average person.

first thing I noticed out of the box, it was shiny, almost like a mirror. The non xl version boasts changeable cover plates, but why would you want to change this gorgeous shiny cover? I promise you, when you see it you will not regret getting the xl version.

Now I will talk about the 2 in general, not just the xl. There are 4 changes listed advertised, which I will individually cover, amiibo compatibility, zl and zr shoulder buttons, c stick, and super stable 3d.

The amiibo figures are not yet available here so I cannot necessarily cover them, however I assume they work just the same as they do fir wii u.

Zr and zl shoulder buttons have been added, and will have varying uses based on the games. However I can assure you, if you have a game that uses them they are easily reachable.if you position the tips of your index fingers on the zl and zr buttons, you can press down tge tip of your finger to push them, and the joint between the middle and end section of your finger to push the r and l buttons, I find this very comfortable and have no trouble doing this manouvre.

The c-stick is not by any means perfect, but as a replacement of the circle pad pro, it is far preferable. It Is easier to reach from the xyab buttons to the c-stick than it is to reach from the circle pad pro to the xyab buttons. It is very stiff, but it is responsive, and can be relied on to accurately navigate the camera or character.

Finally the super stable 3d, I have saved the best for last. The idea of the original 3ds was to be portable, but you had to hold tour head still to get good 3d, and this is very difficult on a bus or train. But the super stable 3d on the n3ds follows your eyes and is very clear , far superior if you ask me.

Finally, while not advertised, the sound seems a bit crisper and louder too.

I hope this review helped you choose one side of the fence or the other, to buy or not to buy? New 3ds or new 3ds xl? Feel free to share in the comments.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: New Nintendo 3DS Mini-Review

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:48 pm

The C-Stick tends to feel more like a button than an actual stick. I don't know why it wasn't just worded as C-Button this time around.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Re: New Nintendo 3DS Mini-Review

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Cool, thanks for the first hand review...I will likely get a "new" 3DS XL when they are available here...I'd get one of the cool 3DS XLs that have come out, but it would be throwing away the money since the "new" 3DS XL is coming soon. Sucks we have the Amiibo and no "new" 3DS and y'all have it and no Amiibo.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Nintendo