[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Splatoon Amiibos...? Ok, Ok...I'll buy an Amiibo!

Splatoon Amiibos...? Ok, Ok...I'll buy an Amiibo!

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

Re: Splatoon Amiibos...? Ok, Ok...I'll buy an Amiibo!

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:08 am

Yeah, Nintendo's PR is a bit off-kilt. They do out reach to people and send them games early and invite them to special promo events etc, but what is unfortunate is they are going on channel audience/popularity as opposed to someone that is genuinely a fan of Nintendo games. Case in point, look at some of their Splatoon invites, lol. There are a TON of really good Nintendo channels that have nice audiences who would actually be honored to attend events and get the games/products early to showcase...the people they tend to select are just really large channels who have learned to spit out "I love _____" to get free stuff from _____.

The real kicker is many of these channels have 50k-300k subscribers and would eat it up, cover it better, and provide meaningful details to their viewers all while likely engaging the developers and PR folks with legitimate inquires, but they would rather take a mega popular channel that has learned how to spit rhetoric and cover the event with "I had so much fun...you should really buy this game!" Well played...said no one ever.

And with the unique IPs Nintendo has you could get a really sweet set up of folks for the different outlets (Mario platformers, Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda, Smash Bros., Donkey Kong, Kirby) etc. You will always do your product a favor with genuine, dedicated fans as opposed to a hired-gun, regardless how much more "popular" they may be.

And sadly, no...I was not invited to E3 this year. I probably could have gotten in on my own merits, but I kept thinking the invite was coming etc. What really sucks about that is that VV is really good about actually answering questions...in the after hours deal with the head developers, pretty much everything I asked was answered, or at least very well hinted at. From who I know that will be attending you won't be getting much detail on anything past the obvious and will most likely just be looking at people face came their experience as opposed to focus on the game, lol. They are nice people, but don't have the same lust for information as some of us here. I've got some e-mails and I'm thinking I may send questions off the week after.
Based on what people have told me, the invites were based on channel size this time around...given that I've been in it since SSA and am the only one without a third-party, multi-channel network partnership and have to endure the ridiculous cross promotion from the "bigger" channels I'd say I'm doing alright. As long as the game plays well, I'll be happy.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:36 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:25 am

The problem with the people who just say "This is fun, you should buy it." is that anyone could say it. Then you have those who want to deliver actual news from E3. And as Orion was saying, it could also be based upon the frequency and quality of videos. But more disappointing than that, is Nintendos way of dealing with this sort if thing, sends a chill down my spine ( not really :roll: )
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:49 am

Unno...it occurred to me that this could be a good year to miss E3.

Long story short, having Wiisdom there would be great but Activision was pretty lame there last year, in my opinion. They revealed some details before E3 and then chose not to elaborate any further at E3. I recall them being very tight lipped and non-comital. The result being that I felt E3 was a non-event for them.

I'm hoping they come prepared to "PLAY", as it were, with significant information and "un-classified" details but if they take a page from last year's playbook and keep tight lipped...Well then...no harm done.

(I realized this was not particularly Splatoon Amibo related and so I created an E3 Thread in the Skylander's Superchargers Section and will repost this there!---
Back to Splatting Squid...!!!)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:59 am

I was thinking the same thing until I've learned more :(

I mean Skylanders + Racing + Nintendo crossover...OVERLOAD :geek:

As much as I have a disdain for the way Nintendo has handled their recent PR stuff and YouTube front, I remain a huge fan...I was pretty much fan-girling over the Animal Crossing stuff, haha.

I appreciate the support...I'll make the best vids I can with what I've got. My only regret is that since VV developed this, they actually answer questions...I got so much info after hours with them. Last year was basically a stone wall, but I was still asking questions.

On a separate note, looks like I will be back on the Amiibo front for the 30th Anniversary and possibly ACNL. Those had better be readily available.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:02 am

YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:06 pm

It has occurred to me, as I'm playing for the first time, that Inklings would make great Skymiibos! They're crazy, not too Nintendo famous (opposed to say mario or DK) and not too human (half squid). They could have turrets, rollers, guns and transform abilities! Theyre perfect, and most of all fun. Get to it Nintendo and Activision!
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Previous

Return to Nintendo