[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Splatoon Amiibos...? Ok, Ok...I'll buy an Amiibo!

Splatoon Amiibos...? Ok, Ok...I'll buy an Amiibo!

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

Splatoon Amiibos...? Ok, Ok...I'll buy an Amiibo!

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon May 25, 2015 12:57 am

Soo....
I just read Omenix's Silver Mario thread....
AND
I have reviewed that I have successfully steered my family and I clear of the Amiibo thing...

but...THE SPLATOON GREEN SQUID AMIIBO!!!!! :lol: C'Mon!! Too Cool!!! :lol:

Yeah...We're gonna get the Splatoon Amibo 3-Pack (The only way to get the Green Squid.)
My son and I went to the Gamestop Splatoon Demo last week and we participated in the online Splatoon Turf War Global Testfire Demo this past Saturday. (they opened Splatoon for online play thru the WiiU for 1 hour).
The server got totally overrun on Saturday and they crashed after about 5 minutes...lol. Hey! They used the opportunity to test their systems. They were effectively offline for the majority of that first hour. Wisely, They got it up and running just as the hour ran out and they WISELY extended the gameplay for another hour to make up.

It was fun, my wife agrees and the game will be bought at some time. Oddly, the amiibos are what we are picking up on opening day. I was advised that they will likely disappear very quickly as they and the game are released on 5/29.
So I and we (the royal "we" not the gaming Wii), will be entering the Amiibo world. But thanks to your posts of warning/danger/caution...We will enter this world with our eyes open and our wallets closed. :D
Attachments
splatoon-720x404.jpg
SPLATOON 3-Pack
splatoon-720x404.jpg (23.06 KiB) Viewed 16747 times
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Splatoon Amiibos...? Ok, Ok...I'll buy an Amiibo!

Postby Omenix » Mon May 25, 2015 1:45 am

If you can preorder the triple pack, then that avoids all problems with amiibo, override the lack of stock and a slight discount. I was considering getting them, but for me i have more priorities than a $50 amiibo 3 pack. But granted, that squid is amazing. In any case, if im lucky, i might get them, and the game, for my birthday in 2 months.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon May 25, 2015 3:35 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Mon May 25, 2015 5:07 am

Well, if you csn ask your gamestop manager to hold one for you that should be fine. If not, best case scenario the scalpers wont be interested (there are single packs of the others and itll be hard to sell a triple pack at high prices) worst case scenario, well, bring that stick and be there at opening hour. Im lucky that preorders are almost always available for me to take advantage of, but with most amiibo the finctionality is terrible, however i read today that splatoon have really good functionality.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue May 26, 2015 4:24 am

The GameStop staff looks to be on my side....! Stopped in and they said they will set one aside if they can...which barring any Manager overrides, looks to be a shoe in!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri May 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Splatoon has arrived!
We hit a local Target that opened up an hour earlier than our GameStop. They had a Splatoon 3-pack and 1 last remaining JigglyPuff. We picked up the Jiggly which we then turned around and sold to our friend at GameStop for the retail price. Lol..she is a huge Nintendo and Amiibo fan but was working this morning! It was fun to get a real fan what they wanted!
We then got the Splatoon 3 pack and the game that they held for us!, the inkling and squid Amiibo's look great!!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Fri May 29, 2015 4:11 pm

It's great when I hear about an actual fan getting it who will actually enjoy it, I applaud you for beating the scalpers ;)
Would you mind posting pictures of the Splatoon Amiibos?

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri May 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Comin' at' cha...Image

Really good detail (Inkling Girl is the best of the three, IMO) and excellent paint jobs...I love the spots on Squid and the green paint fades on the tentacles!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Fri May 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks for the photos, they (and jiggly and greninja) were surprisingly not out of stock at EB. I have to be honest here, i hate the greninja and jiggly puff amiibos. Jiggly is too plain and greninja is looking down. DOWN. What kind of ninja is crouched low on the floor looking down? But the splatoon ones are amazing, although names would have been better, just something simple like Inko, Splato, and Squido. But the paint splotched base is amazing, and the painting of the hair is amazing. And the squid is angry but adorable.

I can't help but think that the squid amiibo would have gone well with one of those weird tentacle enemies in a 2 pack. My other complaint is on the price. The skylanders triple packs cost twice that of one skylander therefore meaning you get one for free. Under that logic i would have preferred a $36 price tag, not $50.

Other than that they look amazing, and thanks again for the photos.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:17 pm

My Pleasure w/the pics. I haven't been doing much of that lately so it was fun. I also really have enjoyed the whole SPLATOON Experience so far.

We are really enjoyin' it. They opened up Ranked Matches today. Those are online battles that grant or deduct points toward an overall ranking for your character.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Next

Return to Nintendo