[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - E3 2015 Amiibos

E3 2015 Amiibos

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

E3 2015 Amiibos

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm

So, while super excited for the 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo AND some of the Animal Crossing stuff, I have tempered my expectations once I came back down to reality.

Will they really be readily available? Will Nintendo blow it and have 3 per store that are only obtainable if you ride a unicorn down a reverse colored rainbow?

There is so little detail on the new Animal Crossing Wii U title that all I know is it looks like some will be required to play...but will anyone be able to actually purchase them?

Nintendo continues to say, "demand outpaces supply" but they've had a long freaking time to ramp up supply and figure out production issues. No one has touched on the cards either...I fear "packs" and that in turn making it impossibly difficult to acquire your target resident without several local trading buddies.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: E3 2015 Amiibos

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 pm

The 3DS version? It is confirmed that has blindpacks. Set 1 is 100 cards.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 pm

I wonder if their association with the Skylander franchise this go round will improve their production process and sheer numbers.
It dawns on me as I typed this that there has traditionally been friction between Japan and China on the economic front. I wonder if this has been a factor in the Amiibo production numbers.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:57 am

Hmm, I never saw anything past base coverage and complaints on any of the AC fronts. It gets hard to read the same 18 word article from 5 different sites, all touting to have the most info :roll:

Unless the cards are available chronologically in the pack it is going to be a nightmare and scalped with individual cards listed online for more than packs go for...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:10 am

The cards'll be worse than the figures. They'll be cheaper for scalpers to get and cheaper to ship, and harder to find for the regular collector. And it's not even a good quality figure, its an image on a piece of paper. Who's idea was this? Cos someone better tell them it sucks. But I did see available for preorder some actual figures, will they function the same?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:44 am

The AC Amiibo will apparently allow you to build and design houses for KK Slider/Tom Nook/Isabelle in HHD on 3DS...I assume they'll unlock the characters in whatever all AC Amiibo Festival turns out to be...

I hope they have cards for the Amiibo characters..imagine how much it would suck to try to get a complete set of the cards only to find you can't have Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, and Isabelle because they have Amiibo?!

I am thinking I will bow out for both of these titles (unless I learn more on Amiibo Festival and it wins me over). It is a horrible idea to make an Amiibo centric game when you can't stock the freaking things. In most games they just do simple unlocks, in Smash they serve a bigger role, but to make a game that looks like they'll be vital to enjoyment is a really stupid decision when you can't produce enough to satisfy demand.

Another big fear is that in addition to the cards getting scalped, they can't produce enough of them, lol.

You have to start to appreciate the stock Skylanders is able to bring to the table.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 am

Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:41 am

I have it and planned to playthru it, but their YT policy put a lot of other things ahead of it on the queue, lol. I still prefer Mario Party DS over the installments I've played..lots of good times on it.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Nintendo