[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Good time to get into animal crossing?

Good time to get into animal crossing?

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

Good time to get into animal crossing?

Postby Omenix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:39 am

I've never played AC before, but there's 2 new games coming out soon, Amiibo Party and Happy Home Designer. From the info ACAP seems to be a Mario Party type game, but does ACHHD seem to match the style? Is it a good time to start playing? And what do we know of the amiibos?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Good time to get into animal crossing?

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:02 am

I have been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf pretty much daily (and dreading the days I don't) since I got it. I really couldn't tell you why. It is very calm and relaxing...Once you get past being in debt to the Nook man you can kind of enjoy the good life and running your own town.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of a stand alone game being all about decorating the home of other animals when you apparently have to buy blind packs to maybe acquire who you want...assuming there are packs available to purchase.

The Wii U one looked decent, but EVERYONE shot it down as a MP10 follow up...Nintendo has come out since and said that it isn't the only mode, but has not elaborated what the other(s) are.

In my opinion, the best course of action is to just by New Leaf for the 3DS and have tons of amiibo-free fun, lol. I was REALLY excited about the prospect of some AC amiibo and then remembered they'l likely be under-produced and scalped so I've kind of scaled back my expectations.

That said, get ACNL and enjoy it...let that kind of make your decision on the other installments we have coming up.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:19 am

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/nintendo-amiibo

This shows the range of AC amiibo, but i don't know what games they actually work in or what they do, will they work in both new AC games?

Also, we don't actually know much about ACAP which would make me more certain. Too many questions...
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:50 am

Can't believe they let y'all pre-order and GameStop doesn't even have them up...
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:51 am

Haha, sorry! It does make it easier, but I've not preordered any of them in ages out of protest, but these AC ones are so adorable! I don't care about function, I want them!
Still not as good as Skylanders though... :roll:

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:46 am

Yeah, they are pretty cool looking...It was why I was really excited about them...but then I remember Little Mac, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, etc and have to severely temper my expectations.

I still say to pick up New Leaf...it is a great game, requires no cards or Amiibo, and is very relaxing for being so addictive.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:41 am

It'll be an Animal Crossing kinda year for me, I just know it. :D

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:16 am

YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:20 am

It seems the cards and the amiibo's work on both. Just don't forget that the 3DS game requires a New 3DS or the AR Scanner that is coming out for the cards to work. I say this mainly because I have already had some ask what is the difference between a 3DS and a New 3DS. It feels like people are assuming the 3DS uses Amiibo.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Next

Return to Nintendo