[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - To Splatoon, or not to Splatoon?

To Splatoon, or not to Splatoon?

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

To Splatoon, or not to Splatoon?

Postby Omenix » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:35 am

Well everything's right there in the topic title, would it be an advisable investment to partake in the purchasing of Splatoon, and furthermore, the amiibo that acompany it?

While I'm seeking advice, if anyone has played these titles (doubtful? ) would you suggest Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, or Yoshi's Woolly World?

The way I see it, these three titles are each unique, and come from a different style, Puzzle, Platforming and Person of the third (just for the alliteration lol) Shooter. I'm loving the constant DLC releases for Splatoon, and the online aspect, something I've never explored before. I also think I'd enjoy the puzzles of CTTT, however YWW looks very similar to Yoshis New Island which I've already played.

Well I guess I've just answered my own question :oops: but I took so long to type this all up I might as well send, and there is still the matter of the amiibo.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: To Splatoon, or not to Splatoon?

Postby Daphtaru » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:15 am

If you can't get all 3 Amiibo's for Splatoon it's debatable then. You're not from US tho so you might have an easier time finding the set. I like Captain Toad for the challenge of it. Some of the later puzzles can be more difficult to do for some people.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:35 am

Yes, well I wouldn't be asking about getting them id I didn't expect them to he readily available.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:38 am

Oh, get Splatoon then. Just don't expect to win every match. Just have fun playing it and you will enjoy it.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:09 am

I probably would have jumped on board if I could upload the videos without it screwing up everything else I upload, lol. Subsequently, the Big N lost $60 from me...Believe it or not, the termination of Club Nintendo also weighed into my decision (I was a big fan of that program).

The people that play it seem to like it...I'd imagine it as a more relaxed PvZ Garden Warfare.

I have played 1 level of Captain Toad and really liked it....I stopped because I wanted to upload it...I'm debating doing the NCCP just to have my channel not come to a standstill with every upload due to having just released Nintendo content that wasn't done thru their program.

I will likely pick up Yoshi's Wooly World and HOPE that at least 1-2 of the yarn Amiibo are available...they are pretty cool. I think it will play a bit different than Yoshi's New Island. Oh, and I say that because despite it being out in the EU we don't have it yet.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:28 am

Captain Toad is puzzle based. Yoshi's Woolly World is platform based. Going for 100% in Yoshi's Wooly World will take a long time. ._.; Not every Amiibo works with it (off hand I know the main ones that don't work and why) but a vast majority do.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Return to Nintendo