Nintendo Direct November discussion

A hub for all your Nintendo Gaming Discussion! 3DS, Wii, WiiU, and Classics.

Nintendo Direct November discussion

Postby Omenix » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:23 am

So the Nintendo Direct dropped yesterday some interesting stuff, some not so interesting, but basically this topic can be used to discuss the reveals. I will first start with what personally excited me most, pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow on the nintendo 3DS Eshop. This excites me as I never actually got to play these games so I'm just excited to play it. It's the closest thing to a mainline pokemon game pokemon fans will get in the near future. My next opinions are based on the Nintendo Direct section on EB Games website, so if I miss anything feel free to tell me.

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD. I have mixed feelings on this, I do have a couple 3DS LoZ titles and play a little bit here and there, but not my favourite. The puzzles are challenging and fun but sometimes frustrating. That's not to say I have any idea what the gameplay will be like, but if it follows previous games it will be very similar but on the Wiiu and thus not portable and less pick up/ put down. so that's not so good, but that amiibo looks so good, a lot of people I've heard say that Nintendo are just making games no one wants but putting amiibo in them to make it more popular. I probably won't pick this up.

Hyrule Warriors Legends 3DS. I didn't play the original Hyrule Warriors, but this looks like like a more approachable title. Being on 3DS it will be more pick up/put down like the rest of the titles in the series I have, and a brawl/combat style gameplay which looks pretty fun. I will probably pick this up.

Star Fox/ Dragon quest titles. I have never played any of these types of games and know very little on them so I can't really make a judgement at this point.

Fire Emblem Fates. This game looks very fun, and as you may have guessed I love 3DS games for their casual style gameplay which can often lead to an interesting and invested story in the games themselves and here there's basically 3 games in one. I've also heard a lot of good things about this series, so I'm very excited. will most likely pick up.

Pokken Tournament. I've never really played fighter style games because mainly that's not something that interests me. Even with pokemon I'm not too excited about this game.

POkemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Always loved this series so I will definitely pick up.

Animal Crossing Amiibo. These are cute, need I say more?

So now you've seen my opinions I'd like to hear yours.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Nintendo Direct November discussion

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:15 pm

I have to say im sad I dont have a Wiiu now and tbh I dont want to buy one BUT, I may have to cave here Twighliht Princess is my all time favorite Zelda title! In my most honest opinion Zelda is at its best when its at its darkest and the title of this game should say it all. Now are they going to let us use the Wii mote or is it southpaw Link?

I am with out a doubt going to be picking my first love of Pokemon's first Gen Yellow version, I may play Red and Blue as well but if I can only get one it will be Yellow.

Fire Emblem is a must play for me I hope to try for a no death run on my first try but if I fail i'l have two other games to try it with lol ( Gotta nab that collecters for the full set ).

My friend has a Wiiu so him and I will almost certainly be playing Pokken Tournament and I may pick up Hyrule Warriors although im not 100% on that one, im kinda burnt out on dynasty warriors esc titles. The one I really wanted to see was Metroid Federation Force as a Metroid fan im not actually mad to see this its a sign my beloved franchise is alive and now they know how many people want a mainstream addition. Alas it was not shown.

My absolute most anticipated game from all of this though would have to be Final Fantasy Explorers! I am sooooo friggen pumped for this game its not even funny! Im hoping for some fun dungeon crawler mechanics much like Crystal Chronicals the original bucket game lol

Oh! and if I do break down and get a Wiiu Starfox is a must as I loved Starfox Assault and hope for more of the same!
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Return to Nintendo