[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Trying out STT on the tablet

Trying out STT on the tablet

Some games are just best left to the tablets: Android, iOS, and Kindle

Trying out STT on the tablet

Postby Portalmastermom » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:43 pm

I am very eager to find out if Skylanders is just as great on the tablet as it is on a console or the 3DS. TRU is having an event on the 8th of Nov from 12pm - 4pm where you can test play on the tablet and the Xbox one.
Portalmastermom
Chompy

Re: Trying out STT on the tablet

Postby mr_grizzly » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:22 am

It is definitely worth getting if you want to play the full game on the go. Just make sure you have access to wifi whenever you start a new level or arena, and when putting in a new character. Also, buy a big pack of batteries for the portal.
My name is Jerry, currently living in BC.

My favourite games are Skylanders and Lego - both the PS3 and PSVita/3DS versions, plus the portable versions on my ipad/iphone. Enjoying Trap Team and eagerly awaiting Lego Batman 3. ;)
mr_grizzly
Chompy

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:55 am

Yeah the play and go idea with it. Doesn't really work as intended. lol If you can get past that it's worth it. Altho I wonder how it works with 2 of a character.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:37 pm

I was gun-ho until I had it in hand and realized it wouldn't work with our tablets.

My biggest initial concern was how big is the game size..they took care of that by doing as mr_grizzly said. However, if you don't have WiFi in the car, or at the dentist, or running errands you are stuck...I suppose you could replay the current level, but that won't go over well with kids.

Imo the 3DS is the way to go for a true "on the go" experience. It holds ALL your characters with no need for a portal, or extra controller...AND there is no need for a WiFi connection.

The Tablet Starter Pack would work great at home, but why would anyone play on a tablet when you could play on a console and big screen tv?

Until they can condense it to a functional file size (not easy for Apple) and have it ready to go, it is a bit of a disappointment imo.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:09 am

The thing was having the tablet as the TV. But the Wii U tends to defeat the purpose with the Gamepad Only feature. I dunno I just always feel it was handled as hey we have this big surprise and here it it. To the fans going well surprise it's been done already. lol
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:28 am

True...the GamePad is easier to control too, lol.

I still just don't know many kids who are going to have a tablet capable of running the game that isn't in a thick, heavy case which will keep it from working with the portal stand...

I really would have preferred VV to just make another nice mobile game, or invest in existing IPs. What they did it really cool and pretty amazing, but just not really practical imo.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Tablet