[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Discussion of Reveal

Discussion of Reveal

Discussion of Reveal

Postby Omenix » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:13 am

So the racing sections seem to be really fun, as do the stunts, but I'm interested to see what other people think.

it seems strange that the reveal is so late yet the release itself is far earlier than other games have been, so I think it's more of a holiday game than a Christmas game, based on the release date in the dead centre of the holidays.

Finally, it seems there are no cores this time, the superchargers function as cores where the vehicles function as gimmicklanders. There are 10 new ones and 10 redone returning ones, supposedly, such as the Stealth Elf in the starter pack. So who else do we think/want to return? I think ghost roster would make a really good driver, and he has a similar body shape to spitfire.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Discussion of Reveal

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:27 am

I haven't watched any gameplay vids outside of the "reveal" stuff...

I thought I saw something that said 8 Fan Favorites? Where did you see 10? The most frustrating thing about these reveals is that none of the outlets really report anything past the basics with consistency and very few do so with knowledge of the game (ie having really played it and been into things as opposed to just going to special, invite only demos etc).

It is why such basic questions never get asked and answered...

Obviously I'm big on the Castaways, but I have a hard time seeing them as great drivers...HOWEVER, I can envision some really epic poses and gear for Ghost Roaster and Sunburn right off the top of my head...Boomer too!

I think Slam Bam would make a great choice for the returning Water Element character...he would look great geared out AND I could see him as a driver with a really sweet ride! Maybe the Ice Chopper? You can't tell me he would't look killer in battle gear piloting some ice motorcycle, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:27 am

(I'm reposting this from previous a previous thread because of the question below)

Do you notice the prototype, Spitfire, in the Starter Pack? Now...do you see the second, different version of Spitfire shown outside of the packaging I Two different of the same character?!...WhAaaaaaatt!?!

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:45 am

Family Gamer TV have said that there will be 10 reposes, however i am now starting to doubt that as i can't see any light and dark characters being reposed into racers, and numbers like this were wrong in trap team where they said 18 cores and 16 trap masters.

I am really anticipating the racing parts, i just hope it's implemented so that it doesn't get boring after a while and doesn't disrupt the game too much.

Slam bam would be totally awesome as a supercharger, i can imagine him in snowboarding gear or something.

Also of note, there is a special tech trap with a preloaded villain available with preorders at EB Games, i think its shred naught but I'm not certain.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:03 am

I really am curios about that second version shown above (as reflected by the observation that there were three different versions of this character shown in that 'leaked' prototype picture).

Beyond that, I can certainly say that Slam Bam would be the safest driver! He is the only one who could keep BOTH hands on the wheel while simultaneously shifting through the gears AND shooting his weapon at the bad guys!!! :lol:
I did conceive of the vehicles being smaller, Skylander sized. But I must say, I am intrigued at the direction they are moving. I didn't see it coming and it's not boring!
Soo...No straight up gimmick landers per se'...not a bad move.
No standard cores this go 'round ( so far as we know at this juncture).
All Skylanders playable....very glad to see them continue this. It's surprising and pleasing to me that they are the only one of the franchises to fully provide this. In some ways, it may be their most unique feature!
All Skylanders can use the vehicles...good.
Looks like one vehicle of each type to access most or all of the game areas.(I am curious about any elemental gates.) If true, that would be far more reasonable than the required 8 or so Trap Masters needed to fully experience Trap Team.
20 vehicles provide a broad empty canvass to really have some fun and explore the possibilities! I'm looking forward to these more than anything else. I think I will be most interested in the vehicles that push the boundaries (my brain keeps going to a Solar Sailor type wind vehicle...I'm not saying it's logical!)
This ground up redesign of standard characters has pitfalls and possibilities!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:55 am

I think there needs to be a pirate ship, there really does, it would just be so awesome.

I'm curious which version of spitfire we actually get.

It's actually really disappointing that the figures don't fit in the vehicles, the square motors would have allowed for it to fit in a hole in the vehicles as a pilot. It's a missed opportunity.

I have a feeling kids are going to love the new gimmick, and it will do better than the competition this time, at least until the release of the new star wars movie in December. Here's how i see it panning out: kids go wild for Superchargers, a week later when Lego Dimensions releases the parents will say that the kids just got SSC. Around Christmas and the release of the new star wars movie DI 3.0 will get really popular. Lego Dimensions fails due to release timing and we all have a good time with SSC.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:16 am

It's 10, 1 per element. I don't really know if people want to hear my opinion on the game.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:24 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:45 pm

You put the pirate hat on lightning rod too?!

Yeah now that you've said spaceship i'm think a tech pirate where his whole body is robotic and only his head is organic, and he has a steampunk style flying spaceship

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Daphtaru
Portal Master

Next

Return to Skylanders SuperChargers