[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Re: Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

by Daphtaru » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Daphtaru
Portal Master

by Orion's Islands » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:09 pm

OK!!!
Nine Hours from now the NEXT CHAPTER BEGINS…!!!

TRU for Starter Packs…Best Buy for the rest and Gamestop to Finish!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

by Orion's Islands » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:46 am

Well..!!! ;)
It's all over now! The frenzy has passed!!
It was fairly relaxed actually, besides one frazzled TRU guy! More on him in a bit...

It went pretty much according to plan...Hit TRU first for the pre-ordered standard WiiU Starter Pack and the exclusive Dark Edition Wii Starter Pack. The big news, which has been well reported, was the missing Dual Packs and no show on Wave 2. Personally, this wasn't a bad thing for us. I will be ordering the two duals thru Best Buy, which are scheduled for release on Oct 2nd, I believe. As for Wave 2, any delay helps me get my finances in better order! Additionally, I did remember to browse a bit for any variants. While none turned up, it was still fun.
No, no problems at TRU. If anything, the only negative was really the lack of any surprises! I was hoping to maybe catch a triple pack! I also tried to see if the racing pack coupon they offerred applied to the Racing Starter Pack (Buy one racing pack, get a free Supercharger). The TRU guy behind the counter (looked kinda like a manager type) seemed a bit frantic, frayed hair n' all. He came across like he had sparse sleep, 5 cups of cofee and little understanding of this whole "Sky-Fander" thing!! :lol: I couldn't punish the poor guy and let him of the hook with a ,"Yeah! Nevermind...don't worry about it. Ohh, good luck with Dimensions next week..!" :lol:

The Best Buy gamers club discount was up next but they didn't open until 11am. After breakfast with my wife and son at Cracker Barrel, we decided to kill a little time at the Target nextdoor. Sure enough, my son liked the Nitro Stealth Stinger that we didn't plan to buy and we had our first deviation from "The Plan" for Superchargers! Though, I have to admit, it kinda grew on me. ( 8-) -ehh? Like the sideways life element shout out there?!?)

Best Buy gave us the first application of our Gamer's Club 20% discount. I must say soo far I am pleased with the look of Superchargers! Standard Sea Shadow may be better looking than its Dark counterpart!! Surprising! The Sea Racing Pack looked great and the Steel Plated Smash Hits were plentiful. Unexpectedly, we got Crypt Crusher at a double discount! They were runnning a release day sale and had him up as a standard character not a vehicle!
My only dissapointment was a No Show on the Collector's Edition Starting Guide!! I have a best buy 50% discount coupon for a strategy guide and was hoping to apply it! Technically, I can only use it on something "In-Stock" but I'll work on it!

Finally, we hit Gamestop on our return home to pick up our pre-ordered FrIghtful Fiesta!!!! Ohh Yes!!! A friend at the Gamestop slipped us a copy of:
A kind thing to do as we were not technically eligible to get one, not having bought a starter pack there.

Homeward bound! We put our haul on the cofee table, had lunch as we opened them, put the disk in the WiiU to download the initial update and took a few pics for fun. My son sat down when it chimed ready and went to visit Skylands for a while. I sat behind him watching on a cushion...and promptly fell asleep.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

by Omenix » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:19 am

I had a fairly similar launch day. Woke up early, caught a bus to the closest shopping centre to be there at opening tome to collect my preorder. The manager joked that he sold it all yesterday, but I convinced him to magically produce my preorders. Tge only problems were the 2 staff members not knowing the names (how disgraceful!) "Ok he's preordered the dark starter pack wii U, regular 3DS, Sea Racing Action Pack and Crypt ...thingy..." to which I promptly corrected him. The only deviation was grabbing a sea shadow. Also the surprising appearance of the dual packs at target (had to go to another shopping centre fir the bank ) for $25, what a bargain. Thats next on the "to acquire" list.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

by Daphtaru » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm just glad people are having good experiences with getting the stuff.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

by Orion's Islands » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

by Orion's Islands » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:57 pm

The Final Result....
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Previous

Return to Skylanders SuperChargers