[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Re: Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:50 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:34 am

At this stage DI is no threat. It's a nod star wars/marvel/whatever-comes-up-next fans, not a true game. In my opinion i think it'll give kids a fun hour or so before they move onto the next thing, maybe a little longer if they have siblings or friends to play with, but it's not a threat. Amiibo is partnered with Skylanders, so that's no threat either. Finally, the wild card. For Aus, SSC releases a full 3 days before LD, or a week for you, which says Acti thinks they ARE a threat. Fans will go crazy, kids will go crazy, self respecting adults will go crazy. LD is planning 4 waves, SSC has the capability of 4 waves, plus elites. I'd say they're planning waves to constantly release before those of LD to steal some if it's potential buyers.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:55 am

I have 2 lists for both releases of Skylanders and Lego. The Skylanders one is different then what I was given. (I have had the list for more than a few months actually). Don't really want to get into a how bad all the others ones is compared to Skylanders debate.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:56 am

So your saying the organization is poorer? Or am I misunderstanding? I'm afraid I'm a tad confused
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:16 pm

I am seriously considering a radical move over to the Best Buy Game Club...! I'm crunching numbers here but it's looking like Best Buy will be the retailer to beat , which has completely caught me by surprise! :shock:
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Of course you are paid...

with forum ranks, lol.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:57 pm

ok…The Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked…..
Here we go…
In short, Best Buy offers a 2 year membership in their Gamer's Club Unlocked for $30.

First the basics: This $30 gives you a point system by which anything you buy gives points, these tally and they issue coupons. Pretty standard fair: TRU does this, Gamestop does this. Gamestop even has the additional Skylander Club, which gives you @$10 for every six Skylanders you buy. Im not sure if that is changing at all with Superchargers.
Either way, you occasionally get a $5 or $10 coupon. The details of this are the first things mentioned on the description page linked below.

OK now onto the main show:
You receive a few significant start up welcome coupons AND permanent discounts:

10% BONUS TRADE-IN CREDIT on your video game software trade-ins
BUY TWO, GET A THIRD FREE pre-owned games via special welcome coupon
50% OFF strategy guide via special welcome coupon
10% OFF pre-owned games
AND THE BIG ONE….

PS-This includes Skylanders, amigos, etc, etc

OK. This seems pretty good but when I thought about it some and crunched some numbers…WOW! It really got impressive!!!
I'll post the numbers next…

Ohhh, and while I hope this is obvious, I will just say for the record: I am in no way associated with Best Buy! If I think its a good deal, I let my fellow Portal Masters know!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:42 pm

To lead with, I understand that this deal may be a non-starter, dead-in-the-gate proposition as you may not have a Best Buy anywhere near you in the known Universe. Secondly, an argument could be made for their stock not being overwhelming or the first released. I also understand this could vary by geography. For ME (Please make your own determinations!), I have two Best Buys within regular reach and, while I do believe other retail chains sometimes get stock first, my locals do seem to get the full release.
There are several logic points that add to the attractiveness of this deal but I will mention those after the numbers:

So for figures and vehicles at retail cost, Best Buy has TRU beat. We all know that, TRU always tacks on an extra 1-2 dollars.
Now with the standard Buy1/Get1 40% off TRU deal vs. the standard 20% off per item Best Buy deal, Best Buy wins again: @1 dollar per character and @1.60 per vehicle.

Now lets look at Starter Packs:
At the Spectacular Buy1/Get1 50% off Starter pack deal vs. the standard 20%off per item Best Buy deal: Toys R Us wins by $2.50.
Two points here: That TRU deal was offered last year for a very limited time AND, as they have not announced it, it is not a lock to happen again this year. Finally, if you compare the two with TRU offering the more standard 40% off deal (which, again, has not been confirmed), Best Buy wins by @$5!!

Now this next point is a BIG deal to me: The 20% off deal from Best Buy is ON, All the Time, 24/7 from the moment you join. You have to catch the TRU sales or you pay more. If they are having a sale and you only need one figure, not 2...too bad. you have to match it with a second figure to get the discount. Best Buy's cheaper cost is available to you anytime you can swing thru and get it. It also applies to items purchased online!..anytime.

Lastly, for me, their 1 time welcoming coupon for 50% off a Gaming guide will cut the:
Special Edition Gaming Guide down from $35 to $17.50.

The bottom line is I recoup my $30 real fast ($20 on the dark edition and $17.50 on the guide) and get better discounts at better convenience for not only Superchargers but the next Skylanders offering NEXT year! (good for 2 years remember.

Well…I am seriously thinking of doing this. Your thoughts…?
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

PreviousNext

Return to Skylanders SuperChargers