[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Re: Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Postby Omenix » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:00 am

Haven't seen the numbers yet, but 20% off is a big deal and it seems like one which would be one off. Which raises the problem of whether one off is one transaction or one product. Either way creates problems. If it's one product the max you can get off is $15 (or maybe $20 for dark edition) or if it's one transaction, which is slightly better, you need to find everything you want, AND certify it costs more than $150 to be worth your money if i recall correctly there are 4 extra pairings, which total $28 per pair which is $112 added to dark edition is $212 with 20% off you get $42.40 off. And that's only if they stock everything (which you said they will). But is it really worth it for $12.40 saving? Sure maybe it's worth 1 supercharger, but it's still debatable.

That said, that's my opinion and you're free to do whatever it is you feel is most value.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:03 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:24 am

Having exsmined the undeniable evidence provided, I must now agree with your decision. it's a shame we have no such loyalty offer here (been with EB for 3 years, level 4 {thats the highest level } , but still everything costs the same {the advantages are for trades and pre owned merchandise as well as a couple 1 off things}). Oh well I can still make the best of this. None of the stores even offer opening day sales.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:44 am

Yeah…opening day sales are either non-existent this year or they are playing it very close to the vest. They have until Tuesday to impress me! After that, I'm switching to Best Buy this year.

The only real dilemma I face is that my son thought standard Donkey Kong looked better than Dark Edition Donkey Kong. I agree. Standard DK locks us into a Standard WiiU Starter Pack.but...Best Buy does NOT offer the Dark Edition for the Wii. hmmmm…what to do? We wanted a Dark Edition.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:02 am

What I did last year was just bought a dark edition for a console I was considering getting (PS4) my figuring was that if i did get the console (which I did) that'd be an extra game to play, If not I had just payed about $30 for each figure and the traps , which is the cost of an elite, which means that instead of gloss and extra power its a repaint and ultimate Kaos trap day one, which in itself was worth it. However, this time that type of value is questionable. Its essentially the equivalent of a starter pack minus the game and a racing action pack. You could, however, take advantage of that...was it 20%?...extra trade credit and trade the game itself which should get you about 20 or 30 dollars back (sorry I got no idea the trade values in your country) to pay off part of the extra cost. These are just a couple of ideas, in the end it may be wiser to simply forego the dark edition. Shame there isn't a 3DS version, that'd be perfect.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:17 am

Well I've worked it out and put it in picture form as well:
Ok, so obviously I'm going for the Dual Packs here and the Racing Adventure Pack#1. The dual's and triples just make sense from a cost perspective. The two duals here cancel the need for the upcoming first triple pack but it was worth it to have them in hand early on. I am planning on getting a subsequent triple pack.
I think Frightful Fiesta is a Halloween no brainer for me (and I guess for Fiesta too!!- :lol: ) The passion pick for me is Sea Shadow! Its the coolest looking Sea Vehicle IMO. Fiesta needs a car, so that's a done deal. Finally, I think Steel Plated Smash Hit looks better than his standard version.
This grouping gives an air, sea and a land vehicle to start with. I think the dual packs will be about a week late for us as they are listed with an early October (@Oct 4th, I think) release date on the Best Buy website. That may be an indicator that Wave 2 or 3 could hit on that day (total conjecture!). Either way, TRU will likely have them first thing.

Now for those who don't make the cut:
I think I'll pick up the majority of these over time, just not opening day. I think they will be on the shelves. As for Legendary Hurricane Jet Vac and the Nitro Stinger, time will tell. If I find no significant need (AKA: a distinct second upgrade path) for duplicate vehicles, I may stick to one version of any particular vehicle. And so far, standard Stealth Stinger beats the Nitro version for me.

Finally…the conundrum that is the Starter Packs….
We prefer Option 1. A colorful Donkey Kong feels Right!!! But that would mean going to TRU and they have shown no deals so far! My plan is to pre-order them for $1 and keep my eyes open the last week. I'm doing the Best Buy Gamer's Club unlocked, I have decided. Im sure I'll have to battle a few stocking issues but the savings and convenience have won out. I had preordered a Starter from Gamestop and put down some money. I will be canceling and getting my cash back.
I'll follow up with the cost estimates. I already have the next waves worked out.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:50 am

I wanted 3DS not Wii so the dark was to be either wii U or PS4. I prefer the contents of PS4 (dark sea shadow) but the PS4 online costs extra, which I just don't have. Therefore it's Wii U dark edition, even if I prefer regular DK...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Something I'm missing?

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:22 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:01 am

Now..as promised...the cost for the above Wave 1 Buying List:

2 Dual Packs__________$50__________$40
1 Action Racing Pack___$35__________$28
1 Figure______________$13_________$10.40
1 Special Figure_______$13__________$13
2 Vehicles____________$30__________$24
-----------------------------------------------------
___________________$141_________$115.40
___________________Retail________Best Buy

This retail cost is standard pricing (not any further TRU/Gamestop price increases).
The Best Buy column reflects the 20% discount for the Buyers Club Unlocked.
I tried to put up a column for TRU pricing but I couldn't. It would have to assume you bought the items during a Buy1/Get1 40% off deal, which is simple enough to calulate. My problem is what do I do with the stand-alone Racing Adventure Pack?? I have nothing to pair it against for purchase to activate the 40% discount. The Special figure I listed is Frightful Fiesta, sold exclusively at Gamestop. That leaves only a single figure remaining to be purchased at TRU and, again, there is only one so the discount would not apply.

The cost for a Standard Starter pack and a Dark Edition Starter Pack is $175 retail and $140 Best Buy Discount.
The Grand totals would be $316 Retail and $255.40 Best Buy Discount.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Toys R US confirmed the B1G1 40% Off sale for the Release Day.
(I posted this up on the Sales Thread for all to see.)

So, while I would love to get the points from Best Buy, I will be buying my starters from TRU. If they offer the B1G1 50% Off version for the first few hours, I will actually save a little bit. But the 40% deal is pretty good and it gets the Donkey Kong/Bowser combination we want at a relatively minor increase.

So It looks Like…. Starter Pack Buying Option 1 for us!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

PreviousNext

Return to Skylanders SuperChargers