[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:30 am

So... here I hope to gather the options together and put them into focus for all of US!
Attachments
decide.jpg
decide.jpg (146.07 KiB) Viewed 10731 times
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Superchargers Collection Stategies: The choices....

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:46 am

Here's a good summary of waves, costs and buying options.
(The following breakdown of the Waves and Options is paraphrased from:
http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/skyl ... -3-lineup/
Kudos and thanks to SCL)

SuperCharger Single Packs
Dive-Clops
Fiesta
Shark Shooter Terrafin
Stormblade

Vehicle Single Packs
Crypt Crusher
Dive Bomber
Sea Shadow
Sky Slicer

Dual Packs (SuperCharger + Signature Vehicle)
The Dual Packs have an MSRP of $24.99.
The Dual Packs will be $3 cheaper than buying the figures individually.

Dual Pack #1
Shark Shooter Terrafin
Shark Tank

Dual Pack #2
Hurricane Jet-Vac
Jet Stream

Action Pack (SuperCharger + Signature Vehicle + Trophy)
The Action Packs have an MSRP of $34.99.
The Trophy unlocks new Race Tracks, new Modes, and the ability to race as four different Villains.
So, with the standard cost for the Supercharger and the Vehicle, the Trophy cost $7.

Action Pack #1
Deep Dive Gill Grunt
Reef Ripper
Sea Trophy

So if you purchase everything available on Day 1 (including the Starter Packs) you will already have 10 of 20 SuperChargers and 10 of 20 Vehicles.
Frightful FiestaThat’s right. Wave 1 contains 50% of the SuperChargers figures.
Now I should also mention the four variants that have been announced this week. It seems that all four will be store exclusives. This includes:
Frightful Fiesta (GameStop/EB Games)
Steel Plated Smash Hit (Best Buy)
Legendary Hurricane Jet-Vac (TRU)
Nitro Stealth Stinger (Target)
All of these figures currently have a September 20th release date as well. All these variants are currently available for pre-order. I do think there will be plenty of stock, but pre-ordering could save you some time and hassle driving from store to store on release day.

High Volt
Nightfall
Smash Hit

Vehicle Single Packs
Burn-Cycle
Jet Stream
Shark Tank
Stealth Stinger

Triple Pack (1 SuperCharger, 2 Vehicles)
Triple Pack #1
Shark Shooter Terrafin
Shark Tank
Jet Stream

While the Dual Packs in Wave 1 offer a nice value, the Triple Packs are even better.
The Triple Packs have an MSRP of $29.99. This basically means you’re paying for the two Vehicles and getting the SuperCharger for free!
Naturally not everyone will come in a Triple Pack and you may have to wait a little longer to get some of them. But if you’re on a tight budget, it may be worth it.

Big Bubble Pop Fizz
Hurricane Jet-Vac
Lava Lance Eruptor
Splat

Vehicle Single Packs
Shield Striker
Splatter Splasher
Thump Truck

Dual Packs (SuperCharger + Signature Vehicle)
Dual Pack #3
Big Bubble Pop Fizz
Soda Skimmer

Dual Pack #4
Bone Bash Roller Brawl
Tomb Buggy

Triple Pack (1 SuperCharger, 2 Vehicles)
Triple Pack #2
Bone Bash Roller Brawl
Tomb Buggy
Splatter Splasher

Action Pack (SuperCharger + Signature Vehicle + Trophy)
Action Pack #2
Astroblast
Sun Runner
Sky Trophy

As you can see Wave 3 will offer up some more interesting combinations. I haven’t tried to figure out the most cost effective method yet, but I’m sure someone will soon.
I will also note that only two of the three Action Packs will be found in these Waves. That means we’ll be waiting until sometime next year for the Land Trophy.
However, I think we’ll have plenty to keep us busy because by the time Wave 3 in complete you could have collected:
18 of 20 SupeChargers
18 of 20 Vehicles
While many of these will only be available in Dual or Triple Packs throughout the first three Waves, there is seemingly very little new content for the later Waves.
I have a feeling the Dual and Triple Packs may be hard to come by and we’ll have to wait on replenishment in the later Waves to complete the collection.
- See more at: http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/skyl ... mKcgX.dpuf
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:59 am

So Now with the above reference information in place...Discussion can begin....

Basically, putting Starter Pack Options on hold for the moment, buying the Double, Triple and Racing Packs seems to be the most cost effective direction to go in over the upcoming year.
Sounds good at first blush but there are some logistics problems I see with going this route.
For starters...Patience will be required as not all these packs will be available immediately. Secondly, a PLAN will be required: buying the wrong single will kill a Dual Pack, buying the wrong dual pack could render a Triple pack useless as well. Lastly...I like to benefit from sales to defray costs. The immediate problem I see with these Special Packs is...What do I pair them with to maximize, lets say, a BOGO 40% off deal at ToysRUS?
This are just some first thoughts...as a mental springboard...I look forward to developing the ideas with all of you.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 am

Firstly, nightfall is listed twice in wave 2 singles.

Now for actual discussion. Here's my rule this year: value, value, value. For instance ,supercharger + vehicle singles = $38. Racing action pack = $40. Dual pack = $30. Triple pack = $35. (Note: this based on previous experience where everything is $5 more in Au compared to US, and I have no reason to believe any different this year) obviously the 2 best options here are triple pack ($58 value for 35? Yes please!) And Racing Action pack.

The other thing to bear in mind is that supercharged combos would be nice. With that out of the way, let's review most probable buying plans for myself in the coming months:

Wave 1: free frightful fiesta, i pay $20 for Crypt Crusher. Sea Racing Action Pack. Everything else wait for sale or not get, the budget doesn't allow for $40 more, maybe 20 but not 40.

Wave 2: here it gets tricky. I like all 3 superchargers, but no value packs present, so what do I do? Look to the vehicles. Only Nightfall had vehicle available so get her and vehicle. Get triple pack 1, obviously. Steal Stinger, goes with start pack SE. Depending on budget at the time, may get more, or wait for sales.

Wave 3: Hurricane Jet Vac, already have vehicle. Love eruptor, his vehicle available wave 2, get both now. Triple pack 2, partnered with splat. Racing Action Pack 2. If i can afford, pop Fizz dual pack.

Total budget cost:

Wave 1- aside from Starter Packs, $60

Wave 2 - $93

Wave 3 - $109

Obviously this is all theoretical, but I believe it to be best value for money, and most is partnered vehicles with superchargers.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:00 am

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby thewayofzook » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:26 am

Have you guys seen the gameplay for splat and splatter splasher?! I had to have a quick look! Only a little though. Don't want to spoil too much lol. I absolutely love the two. Splatter splasher is by far the coolest lookign for me personally! I love art myself (maybe cos my mum is an artist)! So this means as soon as the pair comes out, i will be looking to get her ASAP! Apart from this is plan to, for wave 1, get the standard starter pack and a air and sea vehicle. I cant decide which ones to get! Every character is too cool!
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Toys R US Superchargers DEMO DAY on 9/12 fron 12 to 2 pm
...and...
a free poster..!! 8-)
Here's the link...

ALSO....Limited Midnight openings and General Early 8am TRU Openings.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:26 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:57 am

I think it was said somewhere that Wave 2 will be really close to Wave 1.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Next

Return to Skylanders SuperChargers