Superchargers a prequel?

Superchargers a prequel?

Postby Omenix » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Firstly, I'd like to say some of my lore could be misunderstood etcetera, so if I'm in correct about something feel free to correct me.

So I was looking around on DarkSpyro (haven't done that in a while lol) and someone said that Skylanders six could be similar to SSA with s similar style etc, but I'm thinking maybe SSA is set AFTER superchargers. In SSA the core of light has been destroyed, and we don't know alot about why but we do know it was at some point in the recent past, which could have been Superchargers. In SSA Kaos is using the power of the darkness to take over Skylands, which he could have harnessed during their time together in Superchargers. Trap Team comes before Superchargers, as shown by the opening of the Academy in it and then conversion to war base in Superchargers, but Kaos' powers are considerably less than those he has in SSA. He has minor elemental powers, increased by the darkness' powers to allow him to summon elemental beings/clones, he can summon small groups of sharks which increase in SSA, and he turns into a substantial but not quite giant floating head which of course becomes giant. These are his abilities as a playable character in TT whoch increase in SSA suggesting that at some point, I'm presuming in Superchargers, he gains extra power to use, that of the darkness. Finally, in a Kaos' diary in Superchargers it mentions that his mum is in a mirror, which happened in SF meaning that game also comes prior to Superchargers. Really, the only missing link here is Giants, which I'm not sure where it fits in.

So what do you think of my theory? Feasible or fake? Plausible or preposterous?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Superchargers a prequel?

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Two huge problems Eon is alive in SSA, and SSA also shows how the Core of Light was broken so this can't be true.
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with Griffin, they show the attack on the Core of Light in SSA, which is where Eon was `killed' as it were. Like the creativity though!
And I for one would welcome a return to some of the SSA style gameplay with additional updates. eg. water Skylanders should be able to swim or air Skylanders fly out into most open sections of water. I would love to see it updated to inlude certain 'shortcut' walls that Giants could break thru. I know a bunch of people miss some kind of PVP. I think that should return with a track or two for racing challenges. I've said it before but I think they should embrace the style of their own universe instead of trying to reinvent the wheel (gimmicks) everytime. I know some people complained about Giants just being a re-tread of SSA but personally, its still a favorite of mine. 1ofWiisdim has suggested a secondary, stand alone game for PVP and the like. Sounds like a good idea to me. They should take a page from Marvel and explore the unique universe they have created.
*step-step*
(Me getting off my soapbox) lol
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Official-Sky » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:33 pm

I have to agree with Gryfinthegreat. Two undenyingly solid points. Also, characters from previous games (SSA, giants, SSF and STT) can be played in SSC. However, SSC characters cannot be played in previous games. Something that has always bothered me was in the Spell Punk Library books. The books showed SSC characters in the past, talking years and years and years ago, which is confusing considering that there are returning characters. I think this is cleared up in the comics (not certain, I haven't read them) but frankly, that should have been explained in the game.

I like the idea/theory of SSC taking place in the past, but it is simply impossible.
Official-Sky
Rookie

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:33 pm

PS. I think a pre-quel to SSA would be great!
It could show a young Kaos' first attempt to takeover Skylands. (A good reason for Kaos to go back to being a fun badguy for one more game.) New Skylanders could still be introduced because at the End, after defeating the present scheme, the New guys would be sent forward in time to thwart some machiavelian plan the young Kaos has set in motion to affect the future. THAT sets up the next adventure which would be after Superchargers.
lol...come to think of it, the old Kaos could help stop the plan of the young Kaos. Imagine all the fun lines Kaos would have helping to defeat the evil, dastardly plan while simultaneously praising himself for coming up with it in the first place!!!lol.
You release a stand alone PVP/racing/heroic challenge/Swap Force mini-game Title at the same time, or better yet, in January-February. People get more playtime with their Skylanders, Activision gets revenue from two releases in one year to offset the increasing competition and they set up their next release.
Boy.
They should hire me. :lol:
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:13 am

Well, that's my bad on the cutscene, I've never been good at remembering them lol. I can remember where to get all the winged sapphires (that last one in the train was the worst) but not the cutscenes.

Interesting what you're saying about side games as that's sort of what Racing on the Wii/3DS is. It would be better if the gimmick, in this case vehicles, were in the sidegame to supplement the main game which would just be normal skylanders. I think it could work well and if people don't want the gimmick and just the main game they can have it.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to Skylanders SuperChargers