[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Hands on with Skylanders Imaginators

Hands on with Skylanders Imaginators

Hands on with Skylanders Imaginators

Postby Omenix » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:23 am

I just got back from the EB Expo (Australian games expo) and they had a preplay of Skylanders Imaginators so I had a go. They gave everyone 1 free creation crystal (one guy asked to give me $5 for mine to give his son because of the limit) to create a character. I created an undead bowslinger, though I wanted to do swashbuckler but they wouldn't let me. I loved the range of possibilities, colours, various options for body parts and especially body proportions and size, but a lot was locked to be gotten upon level up or from chests.

I did get to play with some characters (Ambush, Wolfgang and Starcast, Golden Queen was there but I was told to leave before I could play) Starcast was unexpectedly good, he has an ability to leave behind a fake image of himself and walk around invisible, like Stealth Elf. Ambush has sword attacks, bamboo dash and a bamboo blast. Wolfgang was as good as expected, box stock he shoots arrows and dashes forward while strumming his guitar.

Something cool with the creation crystal was that it lot up while on the portal, though this wasn't easy to see as it was still in packaging.

All together I like the creation feature and all the new characters I played.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Hands on with Skylanders Imaginators

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Nice! Wish we had that opportunity over here...especially with a FREE Creation Crystal!! Did you get to sample if you could reset it or not?

Sounds like Wolfgang will be solid right out of the box...ranged attack and a speedy dash...my favorite combo!

Starcast does seem to be a hybrid between a few characters...Slam Bam and Stealth Elf come to mind!
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:35 pm

I didn't get to try resetting it, but when I selected it told me it was a permanent decision on which battle class.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:12 am

That is EPIC!
Good for you!
And you did confirm the answer to a question I had...The Creation Crystals DO glow...Lightcore, as it were...Nice! I really like their design.
I am surmising you got a free Undead Creation Crystal? How does it look?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:42 am

Ok the crystal is about 8 cm tall. It is composed of a clear cylinder encasing the crystal itself, the cylinder having a diameter of 2.5 cm approx. and sandwiched by ornamental cap and base. The crystal within is the same colour as undead traps. The cap and base are similar colour but more opaque and slightly reflective which streaks of black going through it. The cap has 8 triangles sticking out horizontally forming a star when viewed from above and intricate patterns on the top. The base is flat on the bottom, but has 6 claws dispersed around the circumference which is what it actually stands on. On the front of the base, clearly visible if standing on an eye level shelf, is the undead symbol and on the back is a blank circle for placing a sticker representing the battle class you've selected (10 such stickers are included).The crystal itself is what glows, much like traps.

There were some others available and although I didn't get a good look I could tell they had dofferent designs.

In terms of options for creating I had about 10 - 20 options for each body part (head, torso, arms, legs, ears, tail even eyes) from the beginning with lots of options to be unlocked. For attacks there were some to be unlocked from having senseis, and When I placed Wilfgang on the portal he unlocked a higher level for my imaginator to reach.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Nice...I can kind of see it in my head!

That is a shame the Battle Class is looking like it will be perma-locked. Going to price a lot of people out of experimenting as much as they would have.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Skylanders Imaginators