[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - What's the best method for Imaginators?

What's the best method for Imaginators?

What's the best method for Imaginators?

Postby Omenix » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:49 pm

I've been dealing with the issue of what the best method of collecting is for Imaginators, and I think I found it, at least for my situation. A little research has revealed that a figure of all but 2 battle classes will be available with wave 1 (the extra 2 being sentinel and bazooker, both of which available wave 2). This information means that by the time wave 2 is released you will have had an opportunity to try out all battle classes to decide which would fit best with each element. In terms of creating a character with crystals this is the best estimation you can have as to which class would fit which elements, as you can know with rough idea what the class attacks would be, but element attacks are a bit more difficult.

My conclusion is that you can try out classes with the figures then use this information to decide the best combo for your 1st creation crystals in each element, with relatively high success rate. If you are right and the 2 attacks go together then you can keep that crystal as the only one of that element, but if you're wrong you will now have tried out both the class attacks and the crystal specific element attacks and can now decide the better class for that element of crystal with your 2nd crystal.

By this strategy you will only needs between 10 and 20 crystals depending on your initial success rate, rather than the 100 people initially thought they might need to buy. Obviously you can't try out all element/class combos but you can create all the combos best for your own play style.

I don't know whether or not this long post will help any of you but I figured I could post my ideas so that you at least know that there are various options for how you go about buying them. There are those who will completely skip the feature and only use the crystal included in the starter pack, and those hardcore fans who will buy 100. But most will do neither and limit themselves to 10, so I'm saying there are options in between.

Feel free to use this post to share your buying plans for Imaginators, I'd certaibly be interested to hear.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: What's the best method for Imaginators?

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 pm

Wave 2, at least here in the US, will be good to go on launch day...

If the Crystals can't be reset, I think patience will be the biggest virtue. You will really have to feel the game (and components) out to make the best decisions...
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:37 pm

For me wave 2 is usually out about a month after the 1st. I agree that this game will require patience to make the right decision, especially considering collecting the parts.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:37 am

Good post, Omenix.
This will take me some time to process the options. I must admit to not having fully grasped what attack comes from where and how each class contributes to your character as a whole. This is partially because I didn't and don't like seeing everything before the game arrives. If I know I like the game ahead of time, I want to enjoy being surprised when I get it. This one really exemplifies the idea...its pretty complex...I will enjoy sorting it out.
AND, ironically, this year...I am going to have to skip release day. :shock:
It kills me to miss out on a few freebies (aka..Kaos!) but we are financially strapped right now. More like "straight jacketed, crammed in a steamer trunk and tossed off a pier into the ocean" financially strapped right now.
:lol: Ohhh, life is funny!! :lol:
I'm gonna have to live out this year's release day fun vicariously thru you guys- :D
Well...lemonade from lemons...It'll be fun to play catch up with you! Thanksgiving and Christmas sales, perhaps!?!
At least I'll be able to wrap my head around the character creation process by the time we get it, I hope!
(I'm a bit worried that we won't be able to get mys son's Fire Ant character 3D printed before they stop offering the service-I very much wanted to do that one for him.)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:35 am

I was very tempted to skip too, but the Kaos figure is too desirable. At least you should be able to pick up some sales later on, and as you said get an idea of how the attacks work for each class and element. I'm glad I got to test out the game early so I can actually have the most concise release day plan I've ever had :D

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Yeah...we can roll with the financial punch this year...an anticipation building experience...Yes. I'll call it that.
Speaking of anticipation, what starter pack will you be...uhh...starting with? (Dark, Crash, Standard?)
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:50 am

I'll be starting with the dark edition and preordering the Crash Bandicoot pack coming out in November.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to Skylanders Imaginators