[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Imaginators Variant Watch 2016-2017

Imaginators Variant Watch 2016-2017

Re: Imaginators Variant Watch 2016-2017

Postby Omenix » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:37 pm

You say Bruised Pain Yatta (as I've affectionately decided to call him because of the blue and black) is more sustainable for the masses, but I'd say there's an even chance for me to see both in all honesty. I've never had any variant luck at all. Though I do love the Ember pun :lol:
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:54 am

And the latest variant spotted in the wild....

He was apparently found in a Target, so keep your eyes open!
I saw a tag of "Orange Transparent Chain Reaction" but I'm gonna nick name him...:

lol!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:17 am

I dub this Orange Throat Lozenge Chain Reaction, because that is all I think of from that shade of translucent orange.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Total side joy BUT variant related:
We just found Crystal Clear Tuff Luck at Toys-R-Us!!!

I posted up more pics under the Hunting Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=742&p=3848#p3848
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:05 pm

Is that picture in your Christmas tree?

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Yes! that is our tree this year...I took the JB Chompy Mage picture with the tree as a background as well (then I jazzed that one up).
Sidenote: Although my heritage is directly Irish, my family somehow picked up a German tradition: We set our tree up on Christmas Eve...makes it a social event, I guess.

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 am

With all the press going into a tizzy about "fake news", I thought this post appropriate.
It occurs to me that we funny humans have this strange tendency to invent new words to describe things that we already have perfectly good words for.
"Fake news" is a fine example. Something that is unsubstantiated but passed along from person to person as truth has always been known as...wait for it...rumor. Yup. Its that simple. Dress it up any way you wish, its still just summed up perfectly well as rumor.
Speculation, prognostication is a related animal referring to educated guessing about future events. When did we forget that it is our job to separate fact from fiction, rumor from reality....hmmmmm. I don't know. Anyway...
In that spirit I bring to you some interesting speculative rumor.

Heartbreak Buckshot. The Valentine's Day Imaginator has not been released yet. It is reported by some (not verified by me) that Heartbreak Buckshot has been removed from the Activision Skylander website. Primarily due to this, and the lack of any confirmed advertisement, some are SPECULATING (lol) that the Heartbreak Variant may not be released. Interesting.
As I said, NOT FACT, but interesting. Time will tell. We will see. Post up if you see any interesting things concerning Heartbreak Buckshot.

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:32 am

Wow. If he really is cancelled the would be...wait for it...heartbreaking.
I hope it's not true, and this is rather unsubstantiated. It's worth bearing in mind that people will take the facts and twist them to fit a purpose they want to be true, while ignoring others. Now, I've just been through a hot 40 degree day so I'll use icecream as an example.

Let's say someone wished to purchase an icecream cone from the favourite icecream shop, but it's closed. So they decide to go to the other one, which just so happens to have run out of their favourite flavour. Then they go to maccas for a soft serve, but the machine is broken. Now they could, in their frustration with the world, correlate these facts to the theory that Trump has outlawed icecream, and begin to spread this story across all the biggest icecream forums until everyone else believes it. Then the largest icecream news site catches the rumour and writes an article. The icecream naysayer will now use this article to support their case and use it as proof if the end of icecream as we know it. But this is not true. All these pieces of evidence are in reality coincidence, and don't support the Trump Icecream Ban theory, which ignores the facts that icecream is popular on a hot day which could cause a store to run out of the most popular flavour or the soft serve machine to overheat, or the fact that Trump is president if the US where it's winter and no one wants ice cream, whereas Australia, where the supposed icecream ban occured had no influence from Trump.

Think about how long people have been forecasting "the end", but has it happened? No. I'll bet you anything that sooner or later someone will say that this Heartbreaker Buckshot website disappearance means the end of Skylanders, but how are the 2 events correlated? They're not, and it was probably just a glitch in the latest server update or taking it down to allow for a grand reveal. Or maybe they realised that his appearance was too "demonic" and wanted to change his aesthetic before officual release.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:29 am

Well...I did check out the Activision Skylander website and can confirm that Heartthrob Buckshot is not represented.
(See for yourself: https://www.skylanders.com/characters?q=imaginators/new )

What is suspect is that all the other variants are represented here, both released and not yet released.
I, personally, still think he's coming.
Either way, remember...

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Previous

Return to Skylanders Imaginators