[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Imaginators Variant Watch 2016-2017

Imaginators Variant Watch 2016-2017

Imaginators Variant Watch 2016-2017

Postby Orion's Islands » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:55 pm

It occurs to me that the whole idea behind the game this time is to create your own in game variants, as it were...lol.
But we will stick to any "official" ones in this thread.
So feel free to post up any thoughts, opinions, finds and, of course, the variants I missed here.

And in keeping with tradition.....

Feel free to make any predictions on this thread about the future chase variants that you think will show up....
Like, I personally, think it is high time for the briefly playable but highly tasty Skylanders Imaginators Jello Variants.
So...I predict a FlareWolf Red Rasberry Jello Variant. Just sayin'.
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Imaginators Variant Watch 2016-2017

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:15 am

I am soo glad they decided to put out a Dark version for their last minute replacement of Dr. Neo Cortex.
Apparently his weapon is called "The Axe-inator", fitting really.
For full details concerning this see:

Legendary Pit Boss has apparently been scheduled for release in Canada on December 2nd.

Steel Plated Hood Sickle

And a side by side comparison to the standard version:

Candy Coated Chopscotch

Nice side by side comparison to the original there.

The Jingle Bells Chompy Mage

And the original for comparison:

PINK BARBELLA

oops...sorry.
Wrong..ahhh...thing there.....

original for comparison:

CLEAR STARCAST

original for comparison:

There will most likely be Easter/Springtime Art Deco/In-Game variant of some kind. I was reminded there will be a Tae Kwon Crow variant classified as "Mystical". i could find no credible pictures for these as of yet.
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:08 am, edited 12 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:21 am

I have not seen Steel Plated Hoodsickle anywhere, because I honestly don't know the Aussie equivalent of Best Buy. I also never saw Steel Plated Smash Hit.

I have also yet to see Candy Coated Chopscotch, which doesn't bode well on Jingle Bells Chompy Mage who I really want.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Gryfinthegreat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Don't forget the Legendary Creation Crystals, and Mystical Tae Kwon Crow.
Gryfinthegreat
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:25 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:30 pm

To be fair...you aren't missing much with the Steel Plated variants. Their color scheme is horrendous and looks nothing like "steel plated" would conjure in your mind.

Best Buy, locally anyway, is a nightmare. I made an attempt to go in and all I did was waste time and wind up smelling like an ash tray. I could order SP HS, but I may honestly pass this year. Unless he has better stats and attack damage, standard looks infinitely better.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:07 pm

I would say the closest based on that info is JB hi fi. I see dick smith working too, but they went out of business about 3 times in the last few years, and someone would buy it under the idea of fixing it up. They closed permanently earlier this year. Domayne is a furniture shop. In terms of sending, Australia Post offered approx. $30 shipping on a 500 gram book.

But as Wiisdom said, I dont really want it that bad anyway. I have regular Hoodsickle and he is great to use, and I love his aesthetic, so I dont necessarily need steel plated.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:40 pm

lol...I'm with you and Wiisdom on this myself!
The Steel Plated moniker conjures up images of stainless steel with thick rivets or even a rusty metallic with weld beads crisscrossing it. Their version is...well...green. :lol: It reminds me of the protective spray paint we used to put on metal parts we fabricated.
Its handy for the second path but that's about it.
I was hoping you could find a source for the ones you wanted, like the Jingle Bell Chompy Mage variant. With a $30 shipping cost, I wonder if something like Amazon or Ebay would be cheaper?
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Plaag » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:09 am

No name is given in the ad, but others have had access to it: Solar Flare Aurora

ShaneG.
Plaag
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Next

Return to Skylanders Imaginators