[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Ask a question Get An Answer Thread

Ask a question Get An Answer Thread

Ask a question Get An Answer Thread

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Everybody has a question every now and again with no immediate answer: Some simple, some complex.
Who do you ask???
Where do you ask it????
The Answers: US & HERE !!!!

That's right: ask any question, no matter how simple or trivial, and the collective will likely have an answer.
Don't worry about looking like a novice or a massively, over-detailed nerd/fanboy: We have all had those times when we couldn't see the forest because the trees were in the way and, as for being overly detailed nerds and fanboys, we are your people.
(My only suggestion is to keep a healthy sense of humor in all cases)
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Re: Ask a question Get An Answer Thread

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:41 pm

I will lead off:
I am preparing to get Imaginators and figures...and some crystals...during the upcoming Black Friday sale period. I have been trying to figure out what to get on a limited budget.
I was looking to get 1 of each element and each Battleclass to ensure we can move thru the game without being locked out of any areas or opportunities.
(I don't want to hear Eon's,"You must have a Sentinel Sensei to enter this area." without the ability to reply,"Yes, Eon. i know.")

So...here's the question: Kaos. He is classified as "ALL" under Battleclass. Does that mean he acts as an all access key for all areas? Are there limitations? Etc. Etc.
Knowing will help us understand our choices. Thanks!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 pm

From what I've played I've never encountered a locked zone based on battle class. There are sensei shrines to unlock senseis' sky chi ability, with a different battle class per level. The locked gates are the sensei elemental realms in the hub which function as mini levels in themselves and can only be unlocked by a sensei of that element. I'd say 1 sensei of each element is a good place to start, and then look into getting your favourites.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks Omenix!
(Your reply was likely coming back at me before I finished typing!-lol)
I was planning on one of each element but then remembered the Battleclass component. Element will be the initial basis for choice then!!
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:04 pm

The only hangup I see is Air.
The adventure pack with Airstrike is@$30 and there are no deals on it I can find.
Its ironic that with the Black Friday slales and our Best Buy 20% Discount, the Starter Pack itself will only be $32!!!!!

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Plaag » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Does having 2 of the same character (not variant and regular mind you) give any bonuses or do anything for that matter? and if so what?
I have 2 of Kaos and before I try to do anything with the other one was wondering.

Do the Golden Selfie Frames give any bonuses? and if so what?

If Trigger Happy shoots gold coins, can I not place another Skylander in front of him to collect unlimited wealth? :lol:

ShaneG.
Plaag
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:43 pm

As we don't have Imaginators yet, I can't answer your questions.
I think Wiisdom dealt with the stanfard version and variant version question in one of his videos. The Chopscotch videos or the Dark and Standard Wolfgang videos. He definately mentioned benefits but for multiples of the same character...I don't think he mentioned it. As for myself, other skylander games gave no benefit for multiples of the same character that I can remember.

Your Trigger Happy question made me :lol:!
"I got rich but...well...died."
or
"Loved the gold part...the high velocity bullet part...not so much."
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Ok..so WE HAVE THE GAME!!!!
Woo Whoooo!!!
So my first question is:
Can you export the 'Selfies' you take? (Out of the game I mean.)
I figured out a way to get them but I was hoping there was an official way which would keep the highest resolution.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Plaag » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:10 am

I don't think you can unless perhaps you can get into the files on the disc or game device. I take them in the game, but I don't ever go into that selfie hall/room in the academy after finding out what happened to Wiisdom.

So my question is since we know at least what putting a selfie in the brawler frame does (+5 Att/+10 Speed), what does a legendary frame add to those stats? I know you can add legendary selfie frames and not get a boost, but a selfie does give a boost..so does a frame on that boost it by the same amount for each class?

ShaneG.
Plaag
Chompy

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:04 am

I will keep an eye out when I put up a Legendary Selfie Frame to see if they list off a Stat Boost or the like. I can do that as I'm not crunching the numbers like you and Wiisdom. I am watching though, as I think they would be perfect for the SkylanderClub Un-Official Strategy Guide!
I thought I remember some mention that there may be a boost when you got all the selfie frames.

As to exporting the selfies, I have found two methods so far that work:
1. Hit the Home Menu button while playing the game on the WiiU and then access the internet. I have an account at Photobucket.com and when I pull it up, I can upload whatever screen is being paused in the game. Then you can go back to the game.
2. If you again exit to the Home Menu while playing the game, you can then open the MiiVerse. It lets you post a gameplay picture (again whatever screen is being paused by the game running at the time.) or save a picture to your album. Do that and go back to your game. At your leisure you can access your Miiverse account from your smartphone or computer and save the pictures. This method does give pretty good resolution. I don't remember the Miiverse account web page at the moment but I will try to post it up later.

This is a screen pull I did that way (and transformed into a SkylanderClub banner):
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Return to Skylanders Imaginators