[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - First Skylander

First Skylander

First Skylander

Postby Omenix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:52 am

So who was your first skylander? Was it in a starter pack? Which starter pack? Or was it something else?

I saw the add with terrafin and eruptor, and it made me laugh, later on I was in game, which has since closed down, and saw pirate seas and bought it. A few days later I hot the game, and the rest is history...

Ah good memories
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: First Skylander

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:32 am

Technically, I picked up the Starter Pack and got a FREE Darklight Crypt (yep, how is that for rare...TRU was giving it and/or Pirate Seas away at launch, lol). I also landed the 3DS version that day and then got a few others at TRU. I then went to Target and remember thinking how cool it was to see Prism Break, Stump Smash, Flameslinger, Boomer, Drobot, Chop Chop, Stealth Elf and Voodood...They were all so unique and intriguing. I pretty much landed everything on Day 1 that was available aside from Drill Sergeant, who evaded me for a LONG time.

So technically I had a lot of them...Initial ones I was most interested in were Terrafin and Ghost Roaster (and that hasn't changed). Prism Break, Ignitor and Stump Smash were also high on my "must play ASAP" list.

That said, the first I put on the portal was Spyro because it seemed like the "right" think to do. After opening the Starter Pack my most anticipated was Warnado.

Definitely good times...SSA remains my favorite Skylanders game by a considerable margin and the original SSA 32 are heavily featured in my favorites.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 am

I find that often adventure pack characters are the best, or at least very good, but thats getting less true the more games they make...
Just compare slam bam or ghost roaster or terrafin or sunburn to pop thorn or wind up. I may be nostalgic, but I seriously think that characters not in APs are getting better, and I miss back then when you got the level as an extra, now its like "yay I have a new level, oh and it includes a character but I already got him with torch and gg in a triple pack" am I the only one who feels like this?
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Shibuyah » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:36 am

Well, on a technical standpoint, my first Skylander was Trigger Happy, when we got SSA for Christmas its year of release--and I've always had a soft spot for the money-loving little guy ever since. He was my favorite to use, and Bash joined him later on, along with several others before I was able to get the 3DS version, and got to have Stealth Elf, who is still my number one at this point~ X3
Shibuyah
Mabu

Postby Omenix » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Shibuyah » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Shibuyah
Mabu

Postby Patrick Star » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Aside from the starter pack, the Drobot, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash triple pack was the first thing I got.
Patrick Star
Mabu

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:25 am

I honestly can't remember!
My son and wife brought them into the house after returning from a vacation to New York. I remember wandering by the Kiosk, in like a Walmart, putting one or two on a portal and thinking..well that's cool.
I do remember enjoying one after another in game and that pretty soon I was playing with my son and wife!! All three playing the same game was unprecedented.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:51 pm

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby thewayofzook » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:54 pm

My first skylanders I got were s2 gill grunt s2 double trouble and flash wing. I got them in the triple pack before I had the starter pack and before I even had a console. That's how much I loved the game. I first started playing giants with a friend so I decided to get some figures.
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Return to Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure