[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Variant Watch-2014!!!...lol AND NOW: The 2015 Watch!

Variant Watch-2014!!!...lol AND NOW: The 2015 Watch!

Re: Variant Watch-2014!!!...lol

Postby thewayofzook » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 pm

I think a we will her a giants situation with the trap master variant. I think the "second in charge character" will her an in game variant. What do I mean by second in charge? Well Snap shot is kind of the leader for the trap team and Wallop is the second in charge like how crusher was in giants and tree Rex being the leader. Tree Rex got a variant, and so did crusher. Both in game. That's just what I think. I haven't done any variant research so I don't know what is official and what is going to happen.
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Postby Omenix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:08 pm

I sort of get where your coming from, however snap shots only in game variant is dark, and wollop has none at all. But your theory could explain why wollop was such a rare character (1 per box of wave 1). Its possible we may see some form of special trap that somehow alters the villains inside, as traps are guest stars too.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:32 am

Yes.. I see.
So... thewayofZook thinks that some variant of Wallop will be offered as the "Variant" in the predicted to be released Console Bundle, which Omenix expects to be released mid-July.
Omenix also counters that the "Variant" offered may not be Wallop or any Trap Master but may be a "Variant" Villian.
I would say that is a strong possibility. They seem to be releasing multiple villian variants as exclusives: the Gamestop exclusive Rebel Lob Goblin, Target's Outlaw Brawl and Chain and the Steamed Broccoli Guy.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 am

I think it would be really cool if you got some sort of "orange soda gulper" as a variant villain, and this exclusive starter pack would have a couple extra lines in the first chapter saying that the sofa not only changed the gulpers size but also his color to that of the soda he drank. Other than that it could be a form of "infuego chompy mage" with similar text additions to chapter 3. If it isnt a doom raider I feel it may not sell as well as just an average villain turned variant, and therefore would be a loss for tfb. There is one other possibility (traps related) an exclusive version of tye game which includes a secret 9th (11th if you count light and dark) doom raider for the magic element.

But here I counter all my ideas just put forth. Would tfb even go through the trouble of new animations, voice overs, even new chapters, just for a simple console bundle? It would be insanely popular, yes, having new villains and chapters , and possibly plot, but it's a lot of effort, and they are probably busy working on skylanders 6.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Variant Watch-2014!!!...lol AND NOW: The 2015 Watch!

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 am

Introducing....

Again...simple idea:
Post up the week that YOU think that the first unpromoted, unexpected Core Skylander Variant will show up.
Anyone who was in or lost the first contest () can reapply or change their guess!!!
A guess at the specific skylander to be "variant-ized" or what that specific "variant-I-zation" might be...is always welcomed! And, of course, anything variant related!!
The winner here gets the "Offical Assistant-ship to the Super Official Variant Prognosticator" certificate of Servitude and Employment, 10% discount at the Gift Shop and, rumor has it, the Weapon's Master will do your taxes!!!

Here are the grandfathered guesses as they stand:
1ofWiisdom: December 13th WINNER< WINNER< CHICKEN<DINNER!!

And My New Submission:

Post Up your new entries!!

Last edited by Orion's Islands on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:26 am

I will choose to apply for it, although I will never see a variant core as they havent come here at all since wave 1, except for in the wave 3 triple packs :cry: (get your game together TFB and Acti).

I think it will be a rocky roll variant with rocky being an easter egg rather than a rock, much like pumpkin eyebrawl. It seems either echo or flip wreck will be the sole wave 5 core, seeing as they wouldn't have both cores of the same element in the same wave, thus leaving rocky role for wave 4. Wave 4 always comes around easter, and echo and flip wreck dont have obvious easter variants. Seeing as theyll want him out earlier than easter itself I think easter egg rocky roll will be available early- mid April.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:34 am

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 am

Sadly...February has come...And gone...with no core variants in sight...
This has pleased at short, albeit evil, portal master:

Welcome to a very exclusive club IN a club...previously only inhabited by me!!!!!

Take Heart! Take Heed, fellow Portal Masters!!!!
Be inspired by the completely brave, and as it turns out, thoroughly wrong portal masters that have gone before you and...

If you WIN....INFINITE PRAISE IS YOURS...!!!!!
If you LOSE...Join some of the finest Portal Masters of the AGE on....THE PERPETUAL LIST OF SHAME!!!!
(We learned from the Weapon's Master: Anyone can make a mistake!!!!
So take heart...ANYONE CAN BRAZENLY VOTE AGAIN...! I DID!!!)
Last edited by Orion's Islands on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:39 am

Two other Trap Master Variants have been spotted out in the world...although not as widely distributed as Clear Tuff Luck has been...
Attachments
image3-576x1024.jpg
Crystal Clear Short Cut
image3-576x1024.jpg (110.44 KiB) Viewed 11674 times
image8.jpg
Crystal Clear Thunderbolt
image8.jpg (145.42 KiB) Viewed 11674 times
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 am

If i recall correctly, i said around wave 4. However i was hoping for a surprise easter egg rocky roll variant, so i was still wrong. But it doesnt matter its just fun and games, but who will be the lucky portal master to get the new variants, it could be any of us :?: 8-) :lol:

Omenix
Skylands Master

PreviousNext

Return to Skylanders Trap Team