[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Should I complete my collection?

Should I complete my collection?

Should I complete my collection?

Postby Omenix » Fri May 29, 2015 4:00 am

So the Skylanders 5 release is imminent, and i don't have a full collection. So i want to know which of the following are essential for me to get and play with before the release of Skylanders 5?

Enigma, FF Pop Fizz, Lob Star, Echo, Flip Wreck, Hog Wild Fryno, Sure Shot Shroomboom, Thunderbolt, Head Rush, Rocky Roll, Fist Bump, Funny bone, Elite Spyro, Elite Chop Chop, Elite Whirlwind, Elite Stealth Elf, Elite Eruptor, Elite Gill Grunt and all the Minis.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Re: Should I complete my collection?

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri May 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Hmmmm.....
I wouldn't worry so much about "complete"....I mean....What does that mean exactly? I feel like I have a complete Skylanders Spyro Adventure collection....but I certainly don't have Flocked Stump Smash or Stone Whirlwind and a whole mess of other variants....

My Giants collection was complete...even though I never had Terrafin Series 2... (I can hear Wiisdom recoiling in horror at not having a Terrafin, not to mention arguably the best Skylander pose ever... :lol: )
As a matter of fact, I only got that Terrafin about 2 months ago!

So what I mean is...your collection is complete when you have hit the goals you deem are important and financially reasonable to you. (All core Skylanders...Excellent!, Cores with 1 Trap master per Element...Awesome!, etc, etc)
That said...I think Enigma is pretty cool with a unique move or two, if you have any Skylander of an earlier series than the pressure is really off in my opinion to get a newer one. Fist Bump is all new so I think a good choice.
as for Trap Team remember...They don't dissapear as the new game comes out..in fact, having some left over to get at your leisure has some advantages. They have more deals on the older stuff...(deals often come as a buy1-Get1 some % off- I have often not had a 2nd "other figure" I needed to take advantage of the savings. )
Me personally...for Trap Team...I wanted 1 of each core, 1 Trap master of each Element and 8 traps. In addition, I wanted to make no purchase without SOME kind of deal...B1G1 40% off, buy a trap, get a second for $1., etc, etc. I did pretty good with that!! I exceeded my initial plans but i will certainly not have every trap.
Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby Omenix » Fri May 29, 2015 8:46 pm

That all sounds very logical. I've actually found myself "addicted" to Elites after getting Elite Terrafin, but then i remembered what Wiisdom said in his unboxing of Elite Terrafin. He said you could keep money in the base, so for each new Elite I get, I have to put $5 more in each Elite. So 1 Elite would be $5, 2 would add 5 to that totalling $20 and so forth. A full collection would have $40 in each totalling to a whopping $320. Each Elite would then hold a weeks worth of "Hobby Money" . Therefore I restrict my Elite spending, and have money to save for later, it's fool proof! After looking at all of the upgrades I think I do want Fist Bump, but that may be it. So with the wrapping up of Trap Team I reserve my Skylanders 5 budget and have a very full collection.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Orion's Islands » Fri May 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Orion's Islands
Orion's Islands
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:35 am

1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:25 am

The Elite's are different characters compared to the Superchargers. It really just depends on personal preference at this point.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby thewayofzook » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:42 pm

to me a 'complete' collection is having the reposes of Zook's Elite! these include guys like Jet-Vac, Gil Grunt, Dinorang, Chill, Pop Fizz,Ignitor and amore recent members, Tuff Luck and Bushwhack! I also like to get characters that look cool and appealing to me and my play style. thats why I watch Wiisdom's vids for info!
thewayofzook
Heroic Challenger

Return to Skylanders Trap Team