[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Skylanders Battlecast Announced!

Skylanders Battlecast Announced!

Post the latest Skylanders News

Skylanders Battlecast Announced!

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Check my post for some extra images!

*Official Press Release Below*

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SKYLANDERS, LEADER OF THE TOYS-TO-LIFE CATEGORY,
BRINGS CARDS TO LIFE WITH SKYLANDERS BATTLECAST

Skylanders Delivers Brand-New Adventure with
Free-to-Play Mobile Card Battle Game

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - August 18, 2015 - Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is setting out to create a legendary league of card battlers with the mobile card battle game, Skylanders Battlecast. Created by the pioneers of the toys-to-life videogame category, Skylanders Battlecast brings cards to life in a new free-to-play mobile adventure, set within the Skylanders universe. The game offers everything from collectibility to strategic card combat, online PvP and an exciting single-player campaign, appealing to both Skylanders fans and classic card battle enthusiasts. Skylanders Battlecast lets players create a team of their favorite heroes and build the ultimate deck for battle. Fans can master strategic card combinations to become a champion of Skylands.

"Built from the ground up to bring Skylanders to life on mobile devices, Skylanders Battlecast combines physical card play with mobile gaming in an all-new way," says Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing, Inc. "This is our biggest investment, and one of our most magical ideas yet, for the Skylanders franchise on mobile."

For Skylanders Battlecast, players can purchase physical card packs at retail, as well as digital card packs in-game. Players will experience a magic moment by scanning cards with their mobile devices and watching them come to life. Additionally, fans can scan two character cards to create animated duels in which players can physically interact with the characters.

"We are bringing physical cards to life in an exciting new way. Activision has assembled a team of experts across video game design, physical card game design, pro card players and top card artists to develop an amazing new experience," says Josh Taub, senior vice president, product management, Activision Publishing. "With Skylanders Battlecast, fans can expect the amazing creativity, innovation and fun that Skylanders games are known for delivering."

Coming in 2016, Skylanders Battlecast will be available via the App Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Skylanders Battlecast Announced!

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:44 pm

What are your thoughts? Going all in on this one?

Do you wish your old character cards worked?

I will be making the rare "new subforum" after work tonight dedicated to Battlecast...I have inquired as to what quarter we might see this...will update if I hear back!

This has a lot of potential to be really fun imo...and addicting, :lol:
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Daphtaru » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:03 am

IT seems that blind packs will be a play in it.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:45 pm

That ad is very cringe-worthy , to say the least. Not to mension how little information it gives. A better ad would be a kid walking into a store and seeing a starter set of cards and taking it home to play with. Or, if it's included with figures, show that. It's really a very useless ad. I just want to know how I'd acquire them, and how much they cost. Additionally, a little story would be nice: "In his latest plot to take over Skylands, Kaos has attempted to truly dispose of the Skylanders, by turning them into the most fragile form possible, paper! With their powers suppressed, you must reattain all of the skylanders and unleash them in the new game for i pad, Skylanders Battlecast!

Packs available in all good toystores, RRP of $4.99"
See? In 3 minutes i made a better more informative ad.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:45 am

It's a TCG which means Trading Card Game. Not all of those have a full story behind them.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:00 am

Well, it depends how you look at it. Skylanders is not just a toy range, its an interactive toy range, and has a story to it whereas not all toy ranges do. Battlecast isn't just a TCG it's an interactive TCG, thus the expectation of more than just collectible cards, I'd like an enchanting tale of why the skylanders are appearing in card form. But maybe it's just me.

I personally think that skylanders are best as toys/ figurines/ whatever-you-wanna-call-its, and a card based game isn't necessary, especially if cards are slready included. Why not just create a game based around those cards instead of new cards. Most people who like card collecting and playing have one they already like, whether it be pokemon, yugio etc. What im saying is i fail to see how this is going to lift off the ground. Maybe im just being negative? Maybe i just dont want to spend the extra money... in any case, whatever floats your boat, just go with it i guess. I have no intentions of collecting, but don't let me get in the way if you want to.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Return to News