[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
SkylanderClub.com • View topic - Legendary & Nitro vs Standard Skylanders: Numbers Never Lie

Legendary & Nitro vs Standard Skylanders: Numbers Never Lie

Legendary & Nitro vs Standard Skylanders: Numbers Never Lie

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:14 am

Well, despite needing to be asleep and having lots to do, I could not resist seeing if my beloved Legendaries were back to their statistically superior stats.

The results are mixed. In my latest late night research I had 3 Case Studies and 6 Skylanders. Here are the results:

Character-Health-Armor-Speed-Critical Hit-Elemental Power-Total

Blades 280 30 60 10 25 405 (+22)
Legenday Blades 240 18 70 30 25 383 (-22)

Jawbreaker 340 12 50 70 25 497 (=2)
Legendary Jawbreaker 300 30 60 80 25 495 (-2)

Krypt King 300 24 60 40 25 449 (-32)
Nitro Krypt King 300 36 60 60 25 481 (+32)

As you can see, both Legendary Blades and Legendary Jawbreakers have SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER HEALTH than their standard counterparts...this is mind boggling to me. Sure you can argue they have an edge elsewhere ,but aren't Legendaries to be superior in all categories, you know, hence why they are Legendary?

Blades and Jawbreaker both boast +40 Health OVER their Legendary counterparts.

Blades has +10 Speed and +10 Critical Hit, but also touts -12 Armor. Of the three stats, Armor is the most significant imo. Overall he is -22 Stat Points BELOW standard Blades.

L-Jawbreaker suffers the -40 Health, but at least touts a stat boost in the other categories: +18 Armor, +10 Speed, and +10 Elemental Power. This gives him +2 Stat Points ABOVE standard Jawbreaker.

The biggest winner in the mix is Nitro Krypt King. His health is the same as standard Krypt King and then he gains +12 Armor and +20 Critical Hit to give him a cumulative +32 Advantage over standard Krypt King. Oddly enough, the Speed Stat is even at 60...one would think of all the stats to boost for a "Nitro" character it would be speed...

Nonetheless, there you have it. I recorded intros for all 6 Characters tonight...actually bundled them together for each set. I will get them up ASAP, but the numbers don't lie and I find them very interesting.

To me each attribute should be equal to or greater than the standard character's stats. Having a big drop in Health is completely unwarranted. It is also sad to see L-Blades at such a disadvantage.

What are your thoughts on the statistical discrepancies? I am very interested in monitoring Nitro Head Rush, L-Bushwhack, and L-Deja Vu. I have the Dark Skylanders...I really hope they have a bigger boost.
1ofWiisdom: Portal Master, Minecrafter, Nintendo Junkie
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Re: Legendary & Nitro vs Standard Skylanders: Numbers Never

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:37 am

Well they did what I was assuming would happen. Nitro does not mean Speed, as it didn't in Swap Force. That one was an illusion to begin with. Seems Legendary is now lumped into the mix with Dark.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:59 am

Ive had an idea in regards to variants and starter packs some people would love it some people would hate it, but I think its an interesting idea. Here it is: variant starter packs. Each store has its respective variants eg your target has nitro, your gamestop and our eb games had dark, your tru and our big w has legendary, our target has minis etc. Ill use trap team for an example, dark starter would offer the kaos trap for those who want it, nitro starter would offer faster characters and early access to nitro headrush, legendary could have jawbreaker etc. Of course all this wouldnt be in trap team that was just my example, it would be in skylanders 5, if it happens. I think its a fun approach to the variants and could assist with different peoples play styles, some like faster characters, some like variants, some want dark characters. Id really like to hear what everyone thinks.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

"I am the Chompy Mage and you are not a Chompy, so I do not like you"
Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:09 am

That is kinda how it works right now sorta. Nitro is Target exclusive, Legendary is Toys R Us exclusive, and Eon's Elite is Gamestop exclusive.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Omenix » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 am

Yes but my idea incorporated the varients of the specific stores in a starter pack, think a dark edition with legendaries or nitros etc.
Check out my YouTube channel where I play Minecraft, Clash Royale and unbox Pokemon merchandise. [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOVpJAKaiT0NoHKM4kz6xA[url]

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby Daphtaru » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Ah, that would cost more. I don't know how well that would work out.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby Daphtaru » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:23 am

Some other good news is all the Dark Skylanders for Trap Team have some stat boosts. They don't have any negative drawbacks or anything of the like.
Daphtaru
Portal Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:48 am

I think the overall consensus is super negative for "special" Starter Packs, particularly tied into a single store and especially for single platform. I honestly don't care as long as it isn't a base character that gets tied in with no outside release.

I honestly think they must have canned the 3DS exclusives (which I was a big fan of) just because they fielded so many "not fair" complaints. I could be wrong, but when you look at things it sure seems that way...People griped more about that and the "console" special figures than anything.

I think they can do it, if they assured the masses the characters would eventually release...although it takes the fun out of it for some.

The big retailers likely all wanted access to last year's Dark Starter Pack at GameStop, despite it's limited release as they could easily allege some consumers will only buy the "special" starter pack, which puts them at a competitive disadvantage etc. That is probably why you see the retail exclusives limited to alt-deco Skylanders etc.

I haven't had time to unbox my DESP...I was hoping they'd be + across the board...I'll try to unbox it tomorrow, or tonight while it continues to storm and I can't shower.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Postby Omenix » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:31 am

I just like the idea of special starter packs, it really helps with people who have more than one console. I hate what they did to the 3ds starter pack, its price is just the same as ever but it contains less, last year it had $55 value in figures, this year it had $30 (im using aussie prices) it just doesnt feel the same...

Activision should learn that whatever they do some people will always complain, and they should do things that bring joy to THEM. I always imagine the design workshop as a fun place with crazy drawings and illegible chunks of clay, but this year it just seems like a stressful place with profit charts and ideal market graphs and other such things. I think we'll get a better game if the designers have fun with it.

Omenix
Skylands Master

Postby 1ofWiisdom » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:37 am

Yeah, I would have loved having that 3rd Skylander in the 3DS SP...especially an exclusive one 8-)

To me that wasn't as valid of a complaint because the 3DS has always been totally unique vs the console versions. So many people still don't realize that and are missing out on great games and expanded ways to enjoy their Skylander library.
YouTube:
Twitch:
Twitter:
Minelogix SMP:
1ofWiisdom
SkylanderClub Level 1

Return to Skylanders Trap Team